Friday 11 October 2013

Warnham

Yesterday I headed over to the Warnham Nature Reserve near Horsham ( http://www.wildlifeextra.com/go/uk/warnham-reserve.html#cr ). I only discovered this little gem a few weeks ago, but can see myself becoming a regular visitor there. 

                                             ( View from the Kingfisher hide)

There are three hides to choose from, two on the water and one focusing on woodland birds. It's surprising just how quickly time flies by once settled. Yesterday most of my time was spent in the Kingfisher hide where I saw Cormorants, Tufted ducks, Herons, Buzzards, some very young Grebes,  pigeons, gulls, and joy of joys.... Kingfishers!





                                                (My best shot yet of a Kingfisher)


No comments:

Post a Comment