Saturday 16 November 2013

Wisley



I am so lucky to lie where I do, not least because the RHS Gardens of Wisley are within a half hour drive. Whatever time of year I go, there is always something to see. At the moment, obviously there is the Autumn colour, some of which is spectacular. I actually went to suss out their bird hide, but wasn't overly impressed as the windows are slightly too high and the benches slightly too low for the windows, but then Wisley has never been about birdwatching.




A visit is never complete without a walk around the glass house. Many of the plants there are regularly changed so you never quite know what you'll see. An unexpected treat this time was a display of Chrysanthemums... not usually my favourite flower, but I have been won over, and was particularly taken with flowers that looked almost like fireworks.... Just beautiful.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment